This multi-disciplinary programme introduces you to the key concepts of learning and development in the workplace and the strategic sourcing and use of human capital. Combining elements from economics, business, human resource management and learning sciences, Management of Learning will provide you with a solid understanding of the human resource and knowledge challenges facing today’s businesses and require you to find innovative and effective solutions.
What will you learn?
Management of Learning will challenge you on a theoretical and practical level. Drawing on a range of disciplines, this programme will give you an understanding of how knowledge and skills can be effectively used and developed on an individual, group and organisational level. You will consider learning from a self-development as well as a business point of view, by analysing labour markets and the wider economy, skills shortages and organisational change.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
• understand changing labour markets and their effects on organisations
• analyse human resource development and management issues
• think strategically and offer effective solutions to human resource problems
• apply your theoretical and quantitative knowledge to real workplace issues
• participate in discussions on a managerial level